Friday, October 21, 2011

Ten-Paces: World History/World Culture by ME!

The sketch I got by Kerry Hyndman (which had no notes attached). Can anybody tell what these guys are? I felt very uncultured. I did a little digging and I found out that they are Morris Dancers which I would liken to English river dancers. Check em' out on youtube, you'll definitely get a kick out of em'. It was like reading The Canterbury Tales all over again.


Here's my final on it. I was having a tough time with em so I dug down deep into my soul--into my dark side to produce these terrors! It helped that Anna Santaguida called me at my time of need to grill be about why she didn't get invited to my imaginary party. As soon as I got off the phone with her I had a new perspective on the project and I drew these little guys up in 20minutes, had em' inked in less than an hour and was coloring the same night. I finished the next afternoon and tweaked them a little in photoshop and sent em' on their merry way. This is what I'm talking about "life" in my work. There's movement and character in them. I told Anna I could almost hear them making sound effects. I'll post solo shots of each character too. I think they deserve a little individual attention.



Enjoy!

No comments: